Friday 7 June 2013

Today's mission...

I have no idea who, if anyone is reading these little stories I write each day....but on the off chance that someone out there is spending a few moments daily tapping into what it is that Andrew and I are doing over here...let me try and connect you on the most intimate and raw level.
Yes, we answered the call to come over to this little town in Vietnam, far away from all that we know and love. And hopefully in some way, we will make a difference.
And as many of you have expressed..." Wow, that's awesome, I wish I could do that"... Obviously it's not the sort of opportunity that everyone can afford to do.
I feel so privileged to be able to be here. On the ground, being the hands and feet for people who can't speak for themselves.
It's yet to be determined whether this will simply be a 3 month post, that we'll come and participate in, and then return back to our previously normal daily routines, or whether it turns into something more.
But whichever way the spirit moves us, we will never be able to forget the things that we see and the people that we meet along the way.
During our time here, and let's assume is may only be for the next 3 months, I feel that not only are Andrew and I here, but in a way, all of our friends are sort of connected to this town and this project also.
We all have connections, and we all can do something, no matter how small it may seem.
This is a call out for help. If you had the privilege like us, to meet these beautiful people and see the way they have to live and work daily just to feed themselves, you would, I know, want to help.
I choose my friends wisely, and am blessed to be surrounded by wonderful people with big hearts.
I know there are many needs closer to home, and many charities that call on us daily, to give give give, but in the short time that Andrew and I may be in this town, and associated with this need, I'm going to be bold enough, to use our friendships, to see what support I can raise collectively from my circle of friends.
The easiest way to make that happen right now whilst I'm out of Australia would be, if you're feeling like contributing to us here, to contact Ali or Lauren, as they will be travelling over to see us in July. If you want to put any amount in an envelope (with your name on or anonymously)
and pass it to them over the next couple of weeks, you have no idea, what the smallest amount of money, (small change to us), can do for these people over here.
Once we return to Australia and our time here is over. It may be someone else's turn to connect and call on their respective friends for the same support. But right now, I'M HERE, and it's my turn to reach out to those I know..
For anyone who's in the luckier position of maybe being able to consider sponsoring the foundation on a regular basis..I'm putting in the link to Lifestart Foundations website..
You may not have heard of them up until now, but that doesn't make the need go away..
They are real, and we are here!!!!
Simple as that....
Think on it........I'll be here !!!
"If you've done it unto the least of these my people, you've done it unto me...."
Have a super day everyone ..BE BLESSED :)
..
Mumma bear. 
www.lifestartfoundation.org.au/



No comments:

Post a Comment