Tuesday 18 June 2013

The heat is on...

You'd think after being here for four weeks already, I'd have gotten used to this heat....yeah, NO!!
I swear today was the hottest day so far. Andrew and I had a long break between shifts, so we decided to ride out towards the beach for a relaxing lunch by the river. It was superb, but I hadn't realised how hot it was. Relaxing a tad too long meant a speedy cycle back to the workshop for our second shift.
Two middle aged people shouldn't do such extreme sports in this weather..
I am however used to feeling clammy and grimey ALL the time, aside from a few precious minutes each day, straight after a shower.
Pretty sure the heat kept all potential customers, back in their hotels and swimming pools. I couldn't drag people in no matter how I tried. If they were out and about, they were probably heading for a cafe or bar.
As I sat out the front of the workshop, I will admit, ( sorry Karen), that I actually fell asleep. How does that even happen, when you're sitting upright.
I'm wondering if it was something in the (sua - milk) that one of our ladies kindly bought for me. I really don't know what it was, but it was super sweet, looked like regular milk, came in a 300ml 'la vie' water bottle, obviously refilled....so goodness knows.....
And what is it with the locals, how come none of them seem to sweat.....even when they're pushing or pulling massive loads along the street in the blazing sun....
Their hair doesn't stick to their face, like mine, they aren't glowing in drippy sweat, like me, they still have energy. Long after mines' gone....
Aargh.
Ok...whinge over...at least I have aircon to help me sleep....Sorry!!


 Mumma bear sending hugs





1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs, and the photos are superb. I envy your special calling to help. Sending lots of love and happy thoughts to you both.xxx Pauline

    ReplyDelete