Thursday 20 June 2013

In the summer rain...

I've been here a month and for the first time since I arrived, it's raining!!! Not just rain. "RAIN" !!!
I mean the heavens opened up, and chucked it down !!!
As I sit here outside the workshop, it's interesting watching people's reactions. The kids love it. They're running around jumping in the puddles, which are quickly turning into streams as the water gushes passed the shops.
 The streets don't seem to be able to handle the volume of water. And the streams on both sides seem to be getting closer, as the streets slowly flood.
The guys selling ponchos/raincoats are making a killing. Making up for the rest of the dry month. They'll go home happy tonight..
The grandparents are running round chasing the kids with brooms, trying to herd them back inside.
Taxis are picking up extra fares, as the average tourist turns into an idiot when it rains, not knowing quite what to do with themselves.
So the traffic is going in six different directions now, instead of the usual five...
It is raining 'water'..not blood, or hot coffee....
The only group of people who seem to be completely unaffected by the deluge are the guys sitting out the front of the coffee shop on the porch, across the street.
The are still in their usual evening position, with their feet up on the tables, watching TV or chatting, looking like they're totally comatose.
I guess I can sit and laugh, coz I don't have anywhere to go or be at this moment, so I just sit back, observe and smirk. 
Two of our makers heading home between showers.....tough for some !!!

I'm thankful for the rain....it smells great...and it may have even dropped the temperature a little...although...maybe not !!!
Mumma bear....


No comments:

Post a Comment