Monday 3 June 2013

Eat, Pray Love...

I just remembered I haven't shared my "Yoga" experience. So after getting home from a 9-5pm day at work..I've been in my apartment for 2 minutes and Tan my landlady is knocking on my door. She's all keen for me to go with her to her yoga class. So without time to shower, I head down stairs and after stealing a helmet from her friend, I get loaded up with her bag, my bag and a yoga mat, slung over my shoulder. Now I just have to get a free hand to try and hang on. Ps: (I'm on the back of Tans' motorbike)
We're off....weaving our way through the streets of crazy traffic, pedestrians, cyclists and all sorts.
As the wind is blowing over my face in the cooling night air, I suddenly feel like 'Julia Roberts' in a scene out of Eat, Pray, Love....unfortunately that's where the resemblance ends...
What is it about riding through narrow streets filled with all sorts of crazy activities and interesting people, that is just so invigorating....I LOVE IT !!!!
So, the yoga class. Eight ladies, clearly they'd all been many times before, as they 'could' bend and squat, whilst sticking their chins on the floor, whereas I needed the teacher, (a very agile young beauty) to help me into the correct position, by pushing on my back til  my body did something I didn't think it was capable of...I am now double jointed !!!!
Anyway, I tried to keep up with my nimble friends....a few times I slowly over leaned and then gracefully landed on the floor.
A couple of times everyone was looking at me, and talking ( in Viet)... and I could only wonder what they were saying.
At the end of the class, Tan asked if I'd ever done yoga before, I said no, then she asked if I'd done dance, to which I again, said no!  And then she said...."you're very good"...
Hmmm. So I'm not sure what all the laughing was about.
I did enjoy my first yoga experience....
Although I'm wondering if its acceptable to fall asleep during the meditation part at the end.....Oops !!

No comments:

Post a Comment