Monday 17 June 2013

Lazy Sundays.

Weekends here are such a contrast to the week days......hmmm..how is that any different to home.
Early Sunday morning I woke up, and after looking in the mirror, I decided "I can't stand this mass of fuzzy hair any more". So 8:15am...I leave Andrew happily reading a book, and head out to get a hair cut.
And yes, no surprise, the hairdressers are open at that hour.
So there would be no "lost in translation" wicked hairdos...I took a picture, I'd torn out of a magazine.
And 1 hour later, I looked 10 years younger...well that's what I told myself anyway.
And of course, later that day, after being dumped by rough surf, I was back to looking "Fuzzy" again.
Oh well, I felt good for awhile.
I had in my mind that Andrew and I would attempt to ride our bikes to Danang, Andrew wasn't totally convinced we'd make it, but didn't argue. 30 kms roughly , 60 kms round trip.....do-able I thought.
Anyway plans changed, when I got a txt from Lisa, another volunteer, saying she was feeling really ill and would I go round to her place and sit with her. Lisa had given me acupuncture and a massage the day before for my tired old back, so I was happy to be able to return the favour.
I stayed for a couple of hours, took her round the corner for a bite, when she started feeling better, then left her to sleep the rest of the afternoon.
Andrew and I had a dinner invite from Lan and Chris, for a BBQ on the beach.
Here, there are no bbqs on the beach , you take or make your own. So in true Viet style, Lan and Chris managed to bring not only a three course meal, the BBQ, four deck chairs, wine, beer, salad entree and dessert with cheese....AMAZiNG !!!!!
and SO yummy....
Actually I think the word 'yummy' over here means something else...will verify that before I mention it again...haha
We swam about an hour, getting completely dumped by the waves, but it was so much fun. And refreshing!!
Thus ends another wonderful weekend in Vietnam.

Hugs and more hugs mumma bear



No comments:

Post a Comment