Wednesday 21 August 2013

Afternoon in paradise...

I guess it's inevitable...that I should keep finding little treasures hidden in and around Hoi An.
After all, I've only been here 3 months....
This afternoon I found a cute little cafe called "Little Hanoi".. On the opposite side of the Thu Bon River.
I started with soda and lemon juice, which later lead to a light early dinner, of stir fried mixed veggies.
I sat there surrounded by an eclectic mix of collectables, including, book stacks, old pots, easels, tea sets, comfy furniture...not always easy to find in Vietnam. An odd collection of lamps and lanterns, candles, a bird cage and a steep winding staircase, which I'm curious about. I want to know what's at the top of the stairs....maybe next time. I've peacefully spent the afternoon sorting through my many photos, deciding which ones to print and leave here for the residents of the homeless shelter we've been visiting regularly.
Soft classical music has been playing in the background, the fan is blowing a light breeze through the cafe, and I wish I could stay here for longer. But my battery is about dead, so it's time to make my way  home. Back on my bike, I ride along the rivers edge, across the bridge, wind my way around a few small streets and I'm home. 3:30pm traffic....NOT A PROBLEM.!!!
No lights, no traffic delays, no school zones, no impatient drivers today, just slow easy riding...
There are LOTS OF THINGS I'm going to miss about this lifestyle......

Relax and enjoy every day, it's a gift. 
Mumma bear..




No comments:

Post a Comment